With 2015 quickly approaching, investors of every level are scurrying to get their bearings straight. Many are reviewing the past year looking for ways to improve, and others are already looking ahead. For the purposes of this article, both are important. Those with high aspirations for their business are advised to take every step necessary to secure a prosperous start to the New Year. That includes reevaluating previous strategies and improving in areas of neglect. However, of particular importance, is the prospect of remaining active on social media during the holidays. If previous years are of any indication, many real estate investors fail to realize the importance of an active social media presence. It is important to keep online profiles active and engaging during the busy period leading up to Christmas, or while having some down time.
While I can’t emphasize the importance of social media enough, some investors fail to realize just how lucrative it can be for their business. That’s a shame, because the holiday break can be the perfect opportunity to make new connections and build engagement through your online profiles. It is essentially a marketing platform without limitations. The amount of people you can reach is only limited by your imagination. Perhaps even more importantly, the return on investment (ROI) is groundbreaking. With relatively little investment, you can share your business with the entire world. Do yourself a huge favor and remain active on all of your social media accounts during the holidays.
In this technology-driven world, your fans, followers and connections will still be attached to their mobile devices during this time of year. In fact, some reports suggest that consumer interaction rates increase by about 46 percent on the most popular social media sites around the holiday period. Having said that, you should consider upping your efforts. With the increased social media traffic, you have a greater chance at reaching your next hot lead. To make the most of the opportunities that this time of year brings, update your online profiles every few days with relevant and interesting content to keep them active and engaging.
Those not as familiar with the world of social media should consider the following suggestions to update their web presence during the holidays:
- With the new calendar year nearly upon us, companies are more inclined to sponsor or host charitable philanthropic initiatives. If your real estate business does not already have a charity drive planned, now may be the time to start. Subsequently, use your social media account to acknowledge the charity. Most charities have official social media accounts, and the holiday season is the perfect time to share updates. The resulting content is engaging and allows consumers to see you for who you truly are.
- Again, the holidays are the perfect time to promote your social media presence. You don’t even need to incorporate your business into the posts. Add personalized content of your own, such as favorite holiday recipes, photos of your Christmas decorations or displays, or news about festive events in your local area. All you need to do is gain the attention of your audience. Leads will follow shortly after.
- Take a moment to change your photos. With the holidays upon us, now is the time to reflect the spirit of the season.
- Share content that is pertinent to your field. However, do so with the season in mind. Provide links to articles that help homeowners and give holiday homeowner tips.
- As simple as it may seem, post to let people know that you are working. Not only will this make them realize you are dedicated to your craft, but it will also place you ahead of the competition. By acknowledging your work ethic, you will be at the forefront of their thoughts this season.
- To gain engagement, invite your audience to participate. Consider asking prospective clients, and previous ones too, about their favorite holiday memories or what their New Year’s resolution is. One of the biggest advantages of having active online profiles is the ability to inject your personality and show a more personal side. Use this to your benefit by instigating conversations and asking for opinions.
- Share links to your favorite pages to help them build their fan base; they will receive a notification when you have done so and just might return the favor.
- Add seasonal home-maintenance tips and gardening advice.
It is worth noting that creating an active, engaging social media community does not happen over night. It takes time, creativity and commitment to gain the attention of the masses. Setting up your profiles won’t immediately attract large numbers of followers, so your goals should be ambitious but realistic. Just know that with the right attention, growing your social media presence is something anyone can do. Done correctly, your pipeline will be fed and financing real estate deals will be that much easier.