What’s the single most important piece of advice you will ever receive in your real estate education?
There can be a lot to learn when it comes to brushing up on your real estate education. However, what is the most important thing to you as an investor? A recent poll on a popular real estate investing forum came up with some of the following answers from investors in the trenches:
- “Use OPM (other people’s money)”
- “If it doesn’t make dollars, it doesn’t make sense”
- “Interest doesn’t sleep”
- “Live on less than you make and invest the rest”
- “Serve people and money will follow”
- “Don’t speed if you can’t afford the ticket”
- “Buy low, sell high”
- “Make your money when you buy”
- “Don’t be greedy”
- “Honesty is your biggest asset”
- “Attitude is everything”
- “Real estate investing is simple, but it isn’t easy”
Some might consider the last one backwards, depending on how much energy they have invested in their real estate education.
There is a lot to learn, and these are all very important rules to stick to. Real estate investing isn’t rocket science, but you do need to learn the intricacies of the industry and the pitfalls to watch out for. So take the time to learn each of these aspects and you will see your business grow.