We all know the “early bird catches the worm,” but is getting up by sunrise really critical to increasing real estate investing success?
It’s common knowledge that top executives, entrepreneurs and CEOs in all industries are well known for getting little sleep and getting up as early as 4 am. So is it really necessary, and what if you aren’t a morning person?
Some reasons real estate investors should try it…
You don’t necessarily have to get up hours before dawn or drive yourself into an early grave by restricting yourself to 4 hours sleep a night to put this strategy into play. Perhaps 6 or 7 am will still deliver the same results for you.
Still, get up early because of the following:
- You need night sleep for optimal brain function
- You can find more time to work without distractions
- You can beat rush hour to maximize time and avoid the frustration
- You’ll have time to get your ‘power hour’ in
- You’ll find the time to get in your workouts
- Gorgeous sunrises can be inspiring and set the tone for the rest of the day
- It’s always smart to replicate successful systems
- You’ll be positive and ahead of the game
Are there any exceptions?
Many real estate investing pros might be cringing at the thought of getting up before noon. Some may feel that they are natural night owls and simply work better at night. Others will find that there are fewer distractions in the evening or early morning hours when everyone else is asleep.
However, it is still worth giving it a shot. You may be able to maximize profits by doing so. It might be a shock to the system at first, but maybe you just haven’t been doing work in the past that makes you want to get out of bed. You can always use power naps and alter your surroundings with sound and light to help you get up too.